Monday, August 22, 2011

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner...?

I'm sporadically doing the Nablopomo prompts for this month because my brain is fried in terms of thinking of something to write about.  This month's theme is FICTION, so I have been having fun with some of the prompts.  Today's prompt is: What character would you want to have over for dinner and what would you cook?

 I have never stopped to think about a question like this...a lot of things came to mind - Dumbledore, Atticus Finch, Kunta Kinte...but the name that seemed right when I thought of it is the one I will choose - Idgie Threadgoode. I would make her macaroni and tomato sauce (my family's comfort food), graham cracker pie, and some barbeques, West Virginia style.  Makes me want to go back and read "Fried Green Tomatoes".  Seems like rereading books always spurs me back into a reading period. Maybe this is what I need to read right now.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin