Saturday, August 20, 2011

Summer Weather and "Glee"

I know this will be sacrilege to many of my friends, but today is TOO HOT. I think this has been a perfect summer in the Northwest, especially taking into account the weather in other locations, say Texas or Chicago.  Texas has had more than 50 consecutive days with 100 degrees or more. Nightmare. We, on the other hand, have had lots of days in the 80s and most of the weekends have been beautiful. Even the cooler days since July 4th have pretty much been cloudy in the morning and then sunny later in the day. Today, 96 degrees and no cooling off in the evening. Yuck.

I love the "Glee Jukebox" on the DVD sets.  I like to put the DVD in and listen to it like a CD. I just wish they had all the performances. And I wish they would put out the whole season in a set instead of two sets where the second half of the season takes FOREVER to come out.  Right now, on the second season, part one disc, I'm enjoying the songs from the "Substitute" episode, the "Duets" episode and the "Furt" episode. I don't know the names of the songs...One is a mash-up of "Singing in the Rain" and from Duets, Kurt and Rachel sing the duet that Barbra Streisand and Judy Garland sang back in the 1960s. The "Furt" episode is when Kurt's dad gets married and there are several songs I'm enjoying, but most especially the song at the end of the episode that Finn sings to Kurt.  I wish I could articulate how this music makes me feel - I guess in a word, good.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin