Sunday, August 7, 2011

Visiting My Tribe

I had an opportunity to visit with some of my friends tonight - some of them, I see pretty regularly, some I see occasionally and some rarely. These are the people I share my history with, my profession, my gaffes, my missteps and my stories. They are my tribe - or at least the core of it.  We have blown to different areas, living our lives, but still a strong thread holds us in formation and a slight pull moves us all toward the middle for brief periods.

I realized tonight that storytelling is like using a foreign language - you lose your fluency if you don't do it very often. I felt rusty tonight. Rusty like my interpreting feels sometimes.  I'm hoping to change that in both arenas - I just need to practice both more often.

It was a good evening.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin