Sunday, November 20, 2011

Headaches and Peeves

Headaches:  I have had a raging headache for several days - tension, I think. It is from the top of my head down through my neck  and shoulders and to the middle of my back.  I am feeling better now than I have since...maybe Thursday. Ibuprofen helps some, relaxing helps some, eating some protein at regular intervals seems to take it down a notch. I'm a bigger baby about headaches now that I don't really have them that often. It is hard to get things done when your head is pounding so hard.

Peeves: Superior attitudes about things that don't have a superior/inferior relationship.

Case in point:  Morning people versus night people.  Isn't it a good thing that everyone is different?  If everyone was the same, there would be at least 50% of the population who would be even more unhappy than they already are- having to function at times of day when they don't function well. I don't understand why the time of day you prefer to get up or to work or to read the paper matters in the least. Frankly, I don't care what time people choose to get up. Does it make you happy? Does it work in your world? If yes, GREAT!  If no, can you change it? There isn't more or less value - it is just different.

This issue has always bothered me, so I know it is a pet peeve of mine.  Honestly, I don't consider sleeping until 8 a.m. a crime or a triumph.  And I don't consider getting up at 4:30a.m. saintly or evil.  I remember my father getting up to go to work super early when I was about 5 or 6 years old. He had to be at work at 4:30a.m. when he was teaching in the Air Force. He hated it. Hated coming home and eating dinner and having to go to bed so early. I remember when he didn't have to do that anymore EVERYBODY was happier, if you know what I mean.  :)

I have always been a night owl - since I was really young.  I can get up early, can get up early for long stretches of time. Left to my natural rhythms, I would go to sleep late and get up around 9 a.m. or so. Most important to me now is getting enough sleep, but it doesn't really matter when it happens.  I find that I often wake up early on the weekends - I think it is something mental related to getting all I can out of the weekend.  Getting up early those days helps keep the schedule during the week, though. When I used to sleep later on the weekends, I often had trouble getting to sleep during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin