Saturday, November 5, 2011

NaBloPoMo Prompt #2: Last Meal

If you knew that whatever you ate next would be your last meal, what would you want it to be?

I think this is such a weird question. Every time I read it/hear it, it just strikes me as being weird.  What is the last thing I want to eat in my life?  I don’t know.  I haven’t really thought about it that much. I think I would have to say either macaroni and tomato sauce (family recipe) or my mother’s stew.  Maybe some massaman curry or Indian food from Matali East in NYC. When I closed my eyes and thought about what flavor I would like to be my last, those two things flashed in my mind.

Honestly, I don’t think my mind would be on eating if I were going to die in the next few hours.  I would want to go to the beach with my family and friends and spend the day there, near the water, listening to the waves.  I’m sure we would eat, but everything tastes better when you’ve spent the day at the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin