Sunday, November 13, 2011

NaBloPoMo Prompt #10: My Passion

From NaBloPoMo Prompts:  What is your secret (or not-so-secret) passion? (Guest Post by Jean Kwok, author of Girl in Translation)

I have a couple of passions - I don't always indulge in them, but they are there, certainly.

Passion #1:  Musical theatre - in whatever form. I love musical theatre - live, on film, on DVD, documentary, the whole show, the CDs, everything about it. It makes my heart beat faster and it makes me sit on the edge of my seat.  I remember seeing "Les Miserables" in the Broadway theatre in NYC and I literally thought I would just die right there, a happy woman.

Passion #2:  reading.  I miss losing myself in a book. I'm not sure what happened or why I'm not in a space where I'm reading much. I think it definitely impacts me - reading has always been a place for me to escape and to use my imagination. I guess I have just been tired and I haven't made the time to read. I need to do that. Reading Renaissance again. Maybe third time's a charm?

I think both of these are my long-term passions - they have been with me for years and years.  I have other passions, but some of them are quite new - mostly, art journaling.  I could probably name a bunch, but I think these things are the ones that are most impactful and keep me sane.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin