Friday, November 4, 2011

NaBloPoMo Prompt #1: On Writing

What is your favourite part about writing?

I miss writing the way I did when I was young. I was fearless. What happens that makes us feel so self-conscious as we get older?  I used to write every day – notes, poems, journal stuff, newspaper articles, letters to people – something every day. That is what makes a writer – writing. 

These days, I can’t really call what I am doing here as “writing” in the craft sense.  I think the blog has days when there is something worth reading from a craft sense, but those days are few and far between.  I need to get back to the writing all the time part – my words are a little rusty and dusty and I need to oil them and clean them up and take them out of the attic in order to get better and to enjoy it more.

I guess, from that perspective, my “favorite part” is doing it – that I am committed to documenting something regularly.  I aspire to more craft and I need to commit to that part of it – crafting words rather than spitting them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin