Monday, March 26, 2012

Strange Conversations

I had the strangest conversation today...a person came and asked me a question and I answered it. Then the person said something to the affect of, "Right. I hear you, but here's what I want. I want you to do it differently because your answer doesn't fit into my plans." When I explained again, the person said, "I understand what you are saying but I don't understand why you can't do what I'm asking you to do because what you are saying doesn't work for me."

The irony was that the answer I gave wasn't a "this is the way it is and there's no way to change it" answer. It was an "in order to get what you want, here's what you would need to do. It may not work, but I'm happy to help you try." The person just got exasperated with me and turned on their heel and left.

I'm glad I gave up trying to make other people happy because I suspect I would be miserable right about now if I hadn't. I try to be respectful and kind and patient. Sometimes, that's all I can do for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin