Friday, July 27, 2012

Opening Ceremonies

I love LOVE love the Olympics. I'm not even partial to the Summer or Winter - I love them both.  I love the stories of the known and unknown athletes. I love that they are all there to represent their countries and to shine in front of the world. I love the "overcoming the odds" stories.  I tear up when they play our national anthem. Every time.

I just think there is power to spending 10 days (or whatever) paying attention to GOOD people doing GOOD things. Or giving the impression of being good people.  The energy and good will that is released when the world is attending to something so positive and powerful can only be good on the largest, grandest scale.  There are moments that are not so awe-inspiring, but they are not the moments we remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin