Saturday, June 20, 2009

15 Books Meme

I saw this on Facebook...I didn't do it there, but I was looking for something to post for today...something short, as the move happened, but there is still a ton to do!! I'm tired, but relieved the worst part is over.

So, as I understood this meme (no idea where it started), the participants are to list 15 books that made a lasting impression on them. That's the part I liked, anyway.

So here are mine - the only order is the order I remembered them in.

1. Helen Keller's Teacher
2. Night by Ellie Wiesel
3. Roots by Alex Haley
4. Ferdinand the Bull
5. Where the Wild Things Are - Maurice Sendak
6. Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe - Fannie Flagg
7. Letters from the Quilt
8. Trumpet of the Swan - E.B. White
9. To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
10. A Separate Peace
11. A Place I've Never Been - David Leavitt
12. And the Band Played On - Randy Shilts
13. White Noise - Don Delillo
14. The Velveteen Rabbit
15. The Witching Hour - Anne Rice
16. The House on the Prairie - Laura Ingalls Wilder (had to add one of hers...)

I know there are a million more. I chose books that were very memorable for any number of reasons...I should go back and re-read them...maybe I will have a whole different experience with them after that...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin