Saturday, June 13, 2009

Some stuff about Me - Meme from Paper Follies :)

My blog friend, Heather, from Paper Follies posted a lovely list of questions and answers for readers to get to know her better.  I thought it was fun, so I'm doing it, too. :)

What is your current obsession? 

You mean besides sleep?  Ummm...my telecoaching that starts in July.  

What is your weirdest obsession? 

Hmmm...reusing paper when it only has a line or two used on it.  I have 2 moving boxes full of it at work.  In high school, my friend, Jeffa, and I said that we were saving those sheets from "Blank Paper Hell"...we reused old worksheets from classes, assignments, papers with a few lines crossed out...whatever we could.

I WANTED to put it all in the shredding bin, but there was SO MUCH, I just couldn't. 


What are you wearing today?

Clothes for packing boxes for the work move.  Specifically, Halloween shirt (not the spooky fun shirt) and black pants, comfy shoes.

What's for dinner?

Smoked brisket and BBQ sauce, some baked french fries and a salad with lemon juice for dressing.  Courtesy of Buster's BBQ.


What would you eat for your last meal?

Hmm.  That's a good question...I would want to taste some childhood things, some current favorites.  Definitely some Mussamun curry with chicken, some general Tso's chicken, watermelon, salad with lemon.  Something chocolate for dessert.  A diet coke without the blinding migraine (I don't drink it anymore...it's been 2 years).

What is the next "special ME" item you would like to purchase?

Kindle 2.  But I love books and how they feel.  I'm thinking Kindle is for trade paperbacks, work topics, non-fiction...but I am so enamoured with it. 

What are you listening to right now?
Just finished "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix", ready for the next book, when I'm done interpreting RENT on July 25.   


What is your favourite ice-cream flavour?

Peanut butter and chocolate.


If your life could be summed up in six words what would they be?

books, friends, Roby, theatre, work, family 


What do you think of the person who tagged you?

No people were tagged for this endeavor. :)  But I got the idea from Heather over at Paper Follies.  I think she is lovely, friendly, artist, creative.  I am enjoying getting to know her in the blogosphere.


If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?

1.  Something right in the heart of Manhattan - near Times Square

2.  A straw-bale structure which is probably best in NM or AZ, but I don't like the heat...

3.  A house with a beautiful library like in "Meet Joe Black", with a window seat, a backyard pool, flowers, an art/creativity room.

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?

Well, if it is only for an hour, I would want to go to the beach.  If I could have a few hours, I would want to be on Broadway, seeing the revival of "West Side Story".

Which language do you want to learn?

Ummm...really, I'd like to use the ones I know more fluently.  ASL and English.  If I added another, I'd love to work on German or Spanish.

Who do you want to meet right now?

Patti Digh.  

What is your favourite colour?
 
Neon Pink and Sunshine Yellow.  Bright, happy.  Colors I can't wear when I interpret. :(

What is your favourite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe?

Pink pants, pink shirts.  Plus my "Spooky fun. Boo" Halloween shirt.


Your favourite quote? 

I have lots...one that is a long-standing favorite is "To love another person is to see the face of God."  from the musical Les Miserables 

What is your dream job?

Writer, teacher, interpreting theatre...I'm not choosy. 

What is your favourite magazine?

Not a big magazine reader...I get Oprah right now, TV Guide.  I go through phases with Entertainment Weekly.  I love National Geographic, but I don't have time.  

If you had £100 now, what would you spend it on?

(Heather says:  That translates to $164.92 in US dollars.)  If I had $164.92, I would go to the beach for 2 nights (there is a special $79/night in Lincoln City) and if there was any leftover, I could get a beverage. :)

Favourite designer?

Chuck Taylor shoes.  Sean John has nice clothes for men.  For women, I don't actually pay attention...Roby liked Kenneth Cole...

Describe your personal style.

I'm count myself lucky if my clothes all match.  I have trouble putting colors together sometimes...

What are three things (big or small) that you would still like to achieve this year?

  1. Find more work/life balance.
  2. Complete my telecoaching experience in December and implement the concepts I have learned as I go along.
  3. Continue work on some of the stories I am trying to record.
What are your favourite movies? 

Wow...this is a hard one...there are so many.  Don't judge me.

  1. Schindler's List
  2. The Color Purple
  3. Fried Green Tomatoes
  4. Boys on the Side
  5. Longtime Companion
  6. True Lies
  7. Armageddon
  8. Deep Impact
  9. Speed
  10. Keeping the Faith
  11. Yentl
  12. Project X
  13. The Breakfast Club
  14. My Life
  15. Kindergarten Cop
  16. The Little Princess
  17. The Little Mermaid
  18. Dead Poet's Society
  19. City Slickers
  20. When Harry Met Sally
  21. Big
  22. Dances with Wolves
  23. Grease
  24. West Side Story
  25. Jumping Jack Flash
  26. and many, many more...

What's your favourite fruit?

Watermelon.  But I'm allergic - in a bad way.  Throat closes, mouth swells. So I can't eat it. :(  Lemons comes in at #2.  On salads or just eating the whole thing like an orange.  3.  Strawberries which I didn't like until I was about 25 years old. Now I love them.  Hoods and Pugets.  Fresh from the field. Yum.

What inspires you?

 Theatre, music, color.  Art. Beautiful voices singing.  A good book.

What music do you like this week?

Right now, I'm listening to RENT for rehearsal, but I love it.  And I have been alternating with Spring Awakening.

What is something you know with every fibre of your being?

I know that life isn't about work.  I know that I can change my focus  and make it FEEL like life isn't about work in addition to knowing it.
 

*"The rules":

1. Respond and rework - answer the questions on your blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own.

2. Tag five other people.

{3. Rules are made to be bent.}  Reason for Rule #3: I really don’t like tagging folks. I never was any good at that game. I much rather liked freeze tag, where you got to untag people. So if you want to share a bit about you, don’t forget to let me know, so I can head on over and get to know you better. 

**Please know that I have made SEVERAL attempts to make this more readable - I tried bolding the questions, but only some show up when you save it.  I tried numbering, but it messed with the formatting.  I tried making all the questions italic, but only some of them showed up.  So, I give up.  But I did try.

1 comment:

  1. oh, that was fun to read. lots of great movies that i didn't think of and some to see. i didn't know someone could be allegergic to watermelon. i don't know why i find that very fascinating!
    seems we share a somewhat similar paper obsession...i can't throw away any scraps from my art projects. the tiniest, eensiest things are saved ~ its really quite silly, but somehow if i do throw something away i always end up wishing for it later.

    thanks for sharing! happy beginning of a new week!

    p.s. i had similar trouble formatting my post too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin