Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Forget Regret or Life is Yours to Miss


I just saw "RENT" again - it is touring here with Original Broadway Cast members Adam Pascal and Anthony Rapp. They were excellent and passionate - after 13 years, I was worried they wouldn't be able to meet my expectations, but they did. And Michael McElroy who plays Collins was BRILLIANT. I have a little crush on him from afar.

Of course I was moved to tears several times during the show. Sometimes I was just engrossed in the show, sometimes I was reliving some painful memories, and sometimes, I was thinking, "Why do I have to keep learning this lesson? Am I making ANY progress?" This question relating to "no day but today", "forget regret or life is yours to miss"...I still have these "Someday I will..." and I should know better.

This reminder came close on the heels of my somewhat traumatic viewing of Disney Pixar's animated movie "Up". Some of the themes are radically different than "RENT" but the basic one, "Live in the now", "Enjoy every moment of your life" is the one I'm talking about.

Why is it so hard for humans to learn this? It is mostly unfortunate that we have the capacity to think about the future - it prevents us from seeing the good and the joy in the ordinary and the everyday things.

I'm so excited to start my telecoaching in July - I think that is going to help me on this journey to enjoy my life right now and not put it off until "Someday".

How do you measure a year in the life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin