Thursday, July 9, 2009

Resistant to Change

I have had a lot of change in my life recently - almost all of it was good change. Be that as it may, I am still struggling to get used to it all. A different view from my desk, different way of getting to work, different traffic patterns, different lunch places,different Starbucks, different gas stations, banks, AARRGH!

Today, I went to buy a doorbell for work and when I turned around to come back, the traffic was all backed up. I thought I would be sneaky and go a different way but there was an accident with two complete lanes closed and the traffic there was backed up to high heaven. By the time I realized it was an accident and not just bad luck and tried to go another way, all the other people had figured it out and were in front of me in line.

I finally gave up and went home, but it still took me more than an hour to get there.

I'm exhausted from trying to be open to all the differences. I just want a little familiarity. Just a tad. Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin