Friday, April 17, 2009

Day 22: I'm not through

"When you are through changing, you are through."~Bruce Barton

This 37 Day Challenge has softened my perspective. I'm not really doing anything that different than I was 22 days ago, but it FEELS different. Smiling more. Thinking happier thoughts. Thinking about my reactions, my perceptions. Thinking about how to treat other people better. Understanding people a little more or giving them more room to be imperfect, too. Seeing the beauty in small things.

I have always been proud that I have not let go of the inner child - the person who can find the joy in small things, who can play, who can appreciate the details, the colors, the sights and sounds of the world. I hadn't lost it recently, I just hadn't let the kid out! Even in small ways, this journey is making a difference.

There are other things I want to work on for 37 Days, but I want to finish THIS. I don't want to get distracted away because I know this is helping me and when I'm done - mostly keeping my commitment to myself, sometimes falling down- I will be better able to accomplish the next thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin