Friday, May 20, 2011

It's So Good To Be Back Home Again

Today was exhausting. I slept well last night, but got up pretty early to make sure I was all packed and ready to go. I ate breakfast at the hotel and checked out and had some alone time before the rush of the day. We went to work and got a lot done although we were all so fried that it stalled us out a few times.

Then it was off to the airport. We had been told to get flights after 4 p.m., so I chose the one direct flight home that left Denver at 8 pm. Due to rental cars and the flights of some of the other folks, we went to the airport at around 4:00 p.m. On the way, we saw bunches of prairie dogs - I remember them from my childhood but I don't think I have seen a live one since I was about 6 years old.  One of the people I was with had a flight out at 6 p.m. so we had a chance to talk some more and hang out. She left for her flight and I went down to my gate and took a two-hour nap (I told you I was tired).  I don't normally sleep when I'm in a public place, so it was a little weird, but I was super tired and had a long wait.

Eventually, they changed the gate I was supposed to be at and then after boarding us about 20 minutes late, we ended up waiting another 40 minutes before taking off. So, we basically left an hour late and somehow landed somewhat on time. They didn't say we had a tailwind and that would not usually give you an hour less travel time, but somehow it all worked out.

I'm so tired and looking forward to the weekend, but I have a glass class tomorrow. My friend bought a Groupon for this class and we scheduled it a long time ago. I'm kind of wishing I could postpone just because I'd like to sleep in. Que sera sera, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin