Sunday, May 15, 2011

Overstimulated

I have about 812 things I need to be doing right now. I sort of walked around in circles for a little while and I decided that I was overstimulated and needed a mini-timeout.  I'm going to make a list of things I need to do today and tomorrow (before my trip) and then I'm going to prioritize them and put them in an order that makes sense.

The best part about getting older is being able to recognize things in myself and act on them. The fact that I get overstimulated leads to being less productive.  This brief moment here on the blog may seem like a waste of time to many, but it is five minutes that I can allow my brain to calm down and I can refocus. When I was younger, I just let the stimulus overwhelm me and I would spin around until I was exhausted, frustrated, lost or completely useless. Now, if I recognize things early enough, I can head some of it off at the pass.

So, today is about heading it off. Doing what I can and not worrying too much about the rest. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin