Saturday, May 28, 2011

Ticking Items Off My List

Show is done.  It was more fun than I had thought it would be a couple of weeks ago. Simple, good team. I enjoyed "Riverdance" more than I expected I would - such talent in all those people.

I started working on the "Journey of You" art journaling class but I don't have anything to show in terms of photos. I just made the "book" for it. By the time I was done, the last of my show adrenaline faded and I am feeling pretty sleepy.  I'm going to be trying some new stuff - really working to follow the class instructions and techniques to see if I find some new ways to work. I'm excited to do it.

Beyond that, I have a couple of catch-up photos from my trip to collage last weekend and some detail photos of a bag I bought that I am just IN LOVE with.  I'm hoping to use the photos of the bag at some point in some of the collages I make in my art journal - the colors are so vivid.

Here's the whole haul from collage on 5.21.11

Tapes and tickets up close. Not a great photo

I like this photo even though it isn't really in focus

A couple of rolls of tape and the new "Artful Blogger"

Inside pocket of bag

I was disappointed this photo was out of focus - I have to look at the bag and see if the painting itself is fuzzy or if it is just me

This is the first image I saw when the bag was in the store and it is what made me buy it.

Just another detail on the bag

Taj Mahal image from bag

Tiger and COLORS!

I just love the colors and the writing and all the details on this bag. If I didn't love the bag so much, I might cut it up and use it for collage. For now, this will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin