Monday, September 12, 2011

Musical Interlude

I have always been interested in music - have been moved by it and shaped by it since my first, earliest memories. Sometimes, I go through phases where I don't listen to music for pleasure much. I always have a Broadway show CD in my car, but I often listen to talk radio (yes, politics...are you surprised?).

Last week, I had a hard time sleeping in the warm weather. Finally, one of my last attempts to relax was to play a few games of solitaire and listen to music in my giant headphones.  Not the earbuds like I use with my iPod - I'm talking full ear coverage headphones.  Listening to music in those things transports me to another place and I can feel the music resonate in me and change the rhythms of my body.  I always end up in tears - just a physical reaction to the music and the relaxation.

I'm excited to be done with this show because I am going to listen to music for 30 minutes a day and play solitaire. It will be amazingly cathartic.

First CD up:  The Fifth Dimension - Greatest Hits on Earth (we had the eight track of this when I was five and I have listened to it my whole life but never got it on CD until last week.)  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin