Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Mail Project

Rosy Deliveries
Photo licensed under the Creative Commons. For more information, you can click here.
For the last couple of weeks, I have felt a strong draw toward the mail, toward the United States Postal Service, towards the human touch. Yesterday, in her "Link Love", Kelly Kilmer posted a link to "More Love Letters" and I felt like it sort of decided me on this path.

One of the first blogs I ever really read regularly was the Hope Revolution blog and then I went on to find blogs that provided a touch of hope through leaving books, notes, etc. for people.

I love the idea that we can do things like this and impact people, even on a small scale, for a moment or two. I like that I can do this for people I know and people I don't know, and also contribute to the USPS that I value so much. There is nothing like getting a letter in the mail.

So, I'm starting with some folks I work with - not in the same site - other people who work in their offices across the country without a peer there to bounce ideas off of, without someone they can just vent to and see their face at the same time. It is hard to do that, sometimes. What I know is that there are so many people (people in my building and elsewhere) who could use a little pick-me-up. I think sending out some "pick-me-ups" will be part of mine.






**Photo titled "Rosy Deliveries" by Craig Daniels (texhzmx on flickr). You can find his photo stream here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin