Thursday, September 8, 2011

First Days of School

Sometimes when school is starting, I wonder if the world was as chaotic and the start dates were so complicated and confusing for parents as they seem to be now. I don't remember any of the "only fifth graders this day and all the rest of the kids on this day" kind of stuff. Maybe I wasn't paying attention because my job was to be a kid. This week, I have been thankful that we weren't living in the information age when I was a kid. There are just a lot of things that kids don't need to hear about.

I do love this time of year - I love hearing the parents talk about the transitions their kids are experiencing, the pride they exhibit when they are talking about their kids and how their eyes light up a bit when they do.

I loved the beginning of the school year- a new start, back to school.  I loved school with the exception of a couple of middle school years. When I was in high school, I could never sleep the night before school started. I would toss and turn and count the hours until I had to get up and face the unknown.  It was stressful, but it was also exciting to continue the adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin