Saturday, September 24, 2011

When No One is Looking - KITB

From Kick In The Blog:  So, who are you today? Is it who you thought you'd be?


The photo from the above post was what really intrigued me. It said, "You are who you are when no one is looking."  To that end, I thought I would write a little about when no one is looking.

When no one is looking, I'm playing solitaire with my headphones on and tears roll down my face when I hear the music that I'm playing. It isn't that I'm listening to sad songs - I'm not...it is the beauty of the music and the catharsis that music brings. When no one is looking, I'm singing to some Broadway musical in my car at the top of my lungs. When no one is looking, I'm loving "Glee" and watching the jukebox on the DVD - especially the episodes with Kristin Chenowith.  When no one is looking, I'm looking at decorating magazines and wishing I was a little more crafty or a little more daring. I love Chris Colfer and I hope he has an incredible career ahead of him - when I watch him, I wish Roby were still alive to see his character and to see his star rise. When no one is looking, I still behave as if someone is looking - I'm a rule-follower - it gives me boundaries and parameters. I don't know why - I think I really was born with that sense. I don't remember ever being any different - I like knowing the expectations and then I like living up to them.

It is interesting to think about how we are different when we are with other people and how we are alone.  I think this goes back to one of my recent posts about dreaming - the same goes with living, in many ways. I just realized a long time ago that I am who I am and I make few apologies for it (notice I didn't say NO apologies...).  Obviously, we go into a work situation differently than a family gathering - maybe not personality-wise, but just in terms of appropriate behavior. From my experiences moving around as a child to the losses I've had as an adult, I have just always felt that pretending was too big a waste of time. I've got stuff to do and I just want to get to it.

Kickintheblog.com is the brainchild of Jessica Rosenberg ~ It's my life...
Come back often for new prompts to kick you out of your blogging rut! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin