Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Change is Creation: Henri Bergson

"To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly." ~Henri Bergson

I just talked with a co-worker today and we have agreed to take a class together.  This is very exciting and fits under the category of "creating oneself endlessly".  I love classes - little peeks into other worlds.  The peek either opens your own world a bit or makes you really happy that you live in your world and not the one you are peeking at.  

If I won the lottery, the main thing I would do with the money (after an initial investment so that I wouldn't have to worry about retirement) is go back to school.  Being an interpreter made me curious about so many things...I don't want to change careers...I just want to learn more.  I would love to study Human Resource stuff, Art Therapy...I would love to go to cooking school.  I would love to learn how to edit film and to learn about photography.  I want to learn how to bind books and make paper and how to write a memoir.  I would love to take personal finance classes and classes on Dream Weaver so that I could make a fabulous website that might live up to the images in my head.  Pottery, digitizing old film/slides, different kinds of art.  I'd love to take a theatre appreciation class...and maybe a speed reading class.

I guess that isn't so much creation as renovation.  I would love to be a person who is continually renovated - like those people who are always doing something to their house - perennial make-overs.  Wouldn't that be fun?  (I guess I'm more daring with my person than I am with my hair.)



I'm sure there are many other ways I need to be renovated, but that is a subject for a whole different post. Smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin