Monday, April 18, 2011

A Blog in Search of a Theme

A friend of mine had a status update on FB that I really enjoyed. The person had said that they wanted to participate in the "30 Days of Songs" Challenge but the day 1 theme stumped them - "Favorite Song".  I think most of us feel that way when asked to say what our "FAVORITE" anything is.  We don't really like to commit in the U.S. (maybe that is just me projecting, but I think I see a trend).  My response was, "Just pick your Favorite Song TODAY." And she did!

After I saw my friend start participating in the "30 Days of Songs" Challenge (or whatever it is officially called), I realized that I had my themes. I have a hard time wandering aimlessly in BlogWorld without a theme. I get into the whole, "I had a bad/good/crappy/great day. I ate soup for lunch" thing.  That's okay occasionally, but sometimes I just want to write about something else.  I like the idea of remembering stuff...the most fun I had on my blog was a post I did that was all lists of goofy stuff. I will have to find it and repost or something.

Anyway, I decided that there could be "30 Days of Songs", "30 Days of Movies", "30 Days of Books" and probably a million more..."30 Days of Shows".  I know that I have covered some of these things in random postings over the last couple of years, but I thought that they could, at the very least, spur some remembering.  If you have been here more than once, you know that I am all over a good memory.

So, the first order of business is to choose which one to do first.  I thought about doing the Song one first, but then I didn't want to seem too much like a copycat. Then I realized that no one would care and that I was just procrastinating. Since my Poetry Month was a dismal failure, I feel like I have to make it up in some way...

Anyway, tune in tomorrow to find out what I actually decided.  And weigh in if you have a preference. I mean, I write it, but you read it. If there is a topic that spurs your interest or another "30 Days of..." that seems fun, let me know. :)

And, as always, thanks to those of you who stop by. I love knowing that we are all connecting with the world in so many diverse ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin