Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Procrastinator

I am just a big procrastinator. I didn't pick a theme. I thought about it a lot...I have a million excuses I could trot out, but the bottom line is that I just didn't do it.

What I have realized in this process is that I don't do enough of some of the things I love enough to make those themes feel relevant - which is why I want to do them. Perhaps if I get through the Book theme or the Movie theme, I will be inspired to explore more.

I am excited for a movie that is coming out soon (based on a book) called "The Help". I saw a commercial for it and right away, the cover of the book came to me and I wondered why I haven't bought it before now - sounds right up my alley - southern literature, main characters are spunky women...I wonder if the back synopsis was just not engaging enough or if the title just didn't appeal or...? Anyway, I love seeing a movie based on a book - if the premise of the movie is good, it means the book will automatically be better (at least 95% of the time). Sometimes I just want to make sure that I will care if I'm investing the time in the book. Since I don't read as much as I used to, I don't want to waste the time on something I'm not going to enjoy.  (This thought process has no logic or validity. I'm annoyed that the thought even occurs to me, but it is where I'm at right now. I NEED to carve out more reading time or at least figure out why I'm NOT...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin