Monday, November 28, 2011

NaBloPoMo Prompt #24: Alone time

From NaBloPoMo November Prompts:  Do you enjoy being alone? Would you rather be around other people?

I know that many people would describe me as an extrovert - I like people, I like talking to people, social time is a good thing - necessary.  At the same time, it takes a lot of energy for me to do that - emotionally. It always has.

For me, I like a balance - alone time is time to recharge my batteries, to let the masks down. It would be disingenuous to say that I don't have my social masks up most of the time - I think most people DO.  For me, I have to have some amount of time that I'm not trying top please others or to figure out what I need to do if I want to please others.  I'm getting better about that, but it is still something I have to work against.

I love listening to music and playing solitaire on the computer when I need to relax. I usually end up in cathartic tears - no reason - the music just moves me.  I also love to read although I don't do as much as I used to.  Being on the computer so much takes its toll and I sometimes just don't have the brain cells or eyes to sit and read for too long.  I know that I just have to start reading more and it will grow itself. I guess that's on my list of things to do again for 2012.  I will keep at it until I succeed.

Right now, for me, I think the answer to this question is that I like to be alone.  I know that later that may change, but for now, that seems like the right answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin