Friday, January 1, 2021

Farewell, 2020! Welcome, 2021!

Happy New Year! It is 2021 - FINALLY!

While I don't believe that the changing of the year waves a magic do-over wand and erases the terrible things that have happened in 2020, I do think the changing of the year opens us up to new hope.

I don't think that all of the things 2020 brought us are bad - if we had to go through some of these things (cultural reckoning, pandemic, climate change realities hitting home), we needed to learn something and take whatever good we could out of it.

I am taking a renewed sense of connection with me into 2021. I have made contact with a lot of folks in my life who I have not been in close contact with for a long time. Some people, I'm in regular contact with now, some periodic, some just a hello text once in a while. Regardless of the proximity, I feel my people around me more than I did.

I am taking with me a creative drive that I haven't felt in a long time. I am missing theatre and interpreting theatre something fierce - it is the one thing that still consistently makes me cry. But I am bringing in art and drawing, and other creative pursuits - stretching and growing. I like that. It feels right.

I'm bringing in more music to my life - mostly Pentatonix and musical theatre stuff (Hamilton, Dear Evan Hanson, Les Miserables) but music is so healing. It helps calm me and helps me sleep.

I have way more ideas and plans for the new year than I should and I know that I will fall down on some of them, but some of them I won't! That's growth right there.

Anyway, welcome to 2021! May we find some hope and peace and eventually, some hugs in real life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin