Friday, November 6, 2009

Food for Thought

I went to an excellent workshop tonight and will finish up tomorrow. I felt tired going into the workshop, but as always, once I was there, I was happy to be there. This workshop is on Ethics and Decision-Making based on an interpreter from Minnesota's research for her thesis. Not only was the topic fascinating, it was so good to be in a room with people as a peer.

On another note, I got to see some friends I hadn't seen in a very long time and that was the best gift I received from the workshop. I miss the interaction I had with other interpreters when I was out there doing the work every day. Strangely, I still identify myself as an interpreter. When people ask me what I do, I don't say, "I'm a manager." That isn't who I am the way that being an interpreter is...isn't that strange? Being an interpreter is the sum total of who I am either, but when someone asks me, that is my first response.

While I'm glad I signed up for the workshop, I am pooped and have given up a day of "rest" to attend. So, bed is calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin