Saturday, December 25, 2010

Reverb 10 - Day 25: PHOTO - A PRESENT TO YOURSELF

December 25 – Photo – a present to yourself

Sift through all the photos of you from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are, or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. Share the image, who shot it, where, and what it best reveals about you.  (Author: Tracey Clark)


There aren't many photos of me from this year - most of them are of my feet while I was on vacation. While it was tempting to select one of those photos, I avoided the impulse and chose this one:

This photo was taken by a work colleague while we were at a summit in Las Vegas. I like this picture because I was authentically smiling, my hair is down and long and curly. I wasn't feeling well at the time, but I was thoroughly enjoying the company of my colleagues. We don't often get together in person, so it was a rare opportunity to rub elbows with some folks I admire greatly.

I'm not sure the photo represents the "real me", but I think it is a glimmer of what I would like to see in the future.  I want to keep smiling, keep laughing, keep enjoying the company of good friends. I want to let my hair down more often to have a good time. I think that is most what this represents to me - relaxing, enjoying, believing in goodness and possibility.

{Future tool: Soul Biographies: Thoughts Become Things. For the next 7 days as you round out your year, we’ll share one tool each day to help you plan your year ahead.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin