Friday, February 12, 2010

Ole Softy

I must admit that I find the Olympics incredibly inspiring. Not only the athleticism, but the harmony (or the attempts at harmony, anyway) choke me up.  I always tear up when I hear the National Anthem play, anyway, and then you add the faces of people living their dreams, the pride in the people in the stands as they watch the teams and atheletes compete.

While the National Anthem chokes me up, it isn't all about the "medal count" for me. I just love the whole thing, from the opening ceremonies to the close. I have watched sports I had never heard of until watching the Olympics and there are very few that I find boring - particularly in the Winter Games.

I caught only the tail-end of the Opening Ceremony tonight as I had another marathon day and didn't get home until 10:45pm.  I can't wait to see what's in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin