Saturday, February 13, 2010

Shaking it Off

I am struggling a bit with feeling stuck.  I know that it is just a reaction to the events of late and my busy schedule right now.  I haven't been doing much of anything but going to work (in various capacities) and coming home to crash. I hate that feeling that all you do is work and sleep. At the same time, I am doing things I want to do.

I know this sounds like a broken record, but I can't wait until my class on Feb. 27.  I have been feeling stalled in my art endeavors, too. I think sometimes I just need the continued challenge to my tendency to stay in the comfort zone. I haven't been doing anything with my journals or photos but I have been gathering images and looking at other people's work again.  I need to just work on the darn journal and stop obsessing about doing it "right".
My internal editor/critic is a meanie.  I have a harder time keeping it quiet when I'm tired, so I am chalking it up to that for right now.

I did go to Chinese New Year today and I'm glad I did, even though I did miss Kevin there. I had some nice conversations with people I have seen several times at the annual gathering and I had a chance to visit with the hosts and some old friends. I look forward to seeing them every year.

I am falling asleep as I write this, so I am going to go to bed. More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin