Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Blog Persona

I have been reading some blog posts over the past few days and I noticed a trend in people talking about their blog persona - whether it be that they felt they had to keep part of themselves back or whether they felt they could let it all hang out on the blog and if people don't like it, they can just not read it.

This whole public journal idea - a place to publish our thoughts where anyone can stop by - is certainly an interesting concept.  I have been thinking about it quite a bit.

In the beginning of this blog, I didn't think anyone would ever read it, so I was really writing for myself and following my own moods and thoughts. Over time, as I participated in various online events and joined groups, my thoughts and moods have changed a bit - the idea that anyone would stop by and read became a part of my reality and something that I am conscious of daily.

I know that I hold back my most private, personal thoughts and feelings here, but I wouldn't write them down in a regular journal either.  There is too much chance in putting things on paper or online or anywhere outside of my own head.  I'm not thinking scary secret thoughts, just the same things that most people think and don't want to say outloud.

I know that some of my private demons are visited here - most notably perfectionism, fear of making a mistake and some doubts about my own skills.  I don't think those things are particularly private and I have made great progress via some of the blogs I read, some of the groups I have participated in and from contact with some of the folks who visit me here.

Thanks for your time and your willingness to go through it with me.  I appreciate it.  I'm sure I will continue to evolve and so will the blog.  I hope you'll stick with me - I'm in this thing for the long haul, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin