Monday, November 1, 2010

Mixed Tape Love

If you were going to make a mix of love songs, what five songs would you have to include?

Ah, mixed tapes...Well, I guess you don't call them that anymore...mixed CDs? Mixed play lists?  Bah - technology.  I'm going to stick with what I know.  If I had to pick five love songs...that's a tough one, but I think I have them:

1.  Annie's Song - John Denver
2.  Power of Two - Indigo Girls
3.  Love Will Keep Us Alive - The Eagles
4.  Kissing You - Des'ree
5.  When I First Saw You - Dreamgirls

If I could add some, I would add these...I'm sure I would change my mind on a different day... I think a lot of songs I consider "love songs" are actually more like "break-up songs" but hey, whatever...And I am wholly limited by my memory and the music I have managed to download/upload to my computer. I have TONS of music in my record collection (yes, I still have it) and songs from my formative years...I'm sure I could find a million love songs that way...

6.  I Would Die 4 U - Prince
7.  Goodbye to You - Michelle Branch
8.  Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper
9.  Don't Cry - Seal
10. For Good - from Wicked
11.   Love Will Keep Us Together - Captain and Tenille
12.  Something's Burning - Kenny Rogers and the First Edition
13.  Is this Love? - Alison Moyet
14.  Mountain Duet - from Chess
15.  Power of Two - Indigo Girls
16.  Here Comes the Rain Again - Eurythmics
17.  Dress You Up - Madonna

Hmmm. This has made me think about my music collection. I'm going to have to investigate what I have and what I need. I know my selections are a bit *eclectic*, so to speak, but there you go. I'm sure I have other strange and interesting choices - I'm just too tired to think of them all. Perhaps I will add more as I go along.

I looked at the list again after posting and I think I will have to evaluate...These were definitely songs that came to mind, but maybe not the songs I would choose for sure. So not important, but once you start thinking about something like this...hard to make it stop...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin