Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Cognitive Dissonance

More and more now, I get the sense that there is something else that I am supposed to be doing. I don't necessarily mean "work in the world" as in job, as in career. I just know that there is so much more to it all than what I am currently subsisting on. That is exciting to me - to know that I am on the path, that I am still seeking, curious.
Running on little sleep today, I had a great interpreting day. The rest of the day was harder - I had a hard time processing even the most simple request. I felt like I was missing a piece of my brain all day.  Interestingly, though, because my defenses were down from being so freaking tired, my brain was all over the place thinking about stuff. Nothing concrete enough to really write about here. I just have a lot of plans and a lot of things to do.  I just need to get out of my own way long enough to accomplish something.

For some unknown reason, I wanted to add that I get daily emails from a website called "Notes from the Universe" and today's message was perfect for the day:
"There are only miracles, Jean, and to one degree or another they all soothe, pamper, and enrich. However, to avoid blowing too many minds at once, some are disguised as unpleasant surprises, botched circumstances, and twisted acquaintances that can rarely be seen for who or what they truly are until the pendulum has fully swung.
Yes... don't I think of everything?
Duck!
The Universe"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin