Thursday, November 11, 2010

On The Verge

I have been thinking about writing all week - duh - because of the retreat last weekend. I haven't written anything creatively in a long, long time. I have been thinking of poetry, mostly. I fell in love with Maya Stein's poetry. I haven't been keeping up with her website, but I was inspired by her.

Maybe I will try to write this weekend. I may or may not post stuff here - depends on how brave I'm feeling.

On another note, it is Veteran's Day today. My father was a Vietnam Veteran. He served 4 years in the Army after joining when he was underage and then he went to the Air Force and served 22 years. I didn't know it until a short time before his death, but my dad's high school principal actually helped my dad get into the military before he was of age (I believe he was 16 or 17) because he was going down a bad road and the principal thought my dad would end up in jail if he didn't go into the military. So, in honor of my father and Veteran's everywhere, Thank You for your service.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin