Saturday, November 27, 2010

Life, Uninterrupted

I was thinking about stuff, as I am wont to do, and I was struck (again) by the fact that my life is just cruising along. Like it or not, every day dawns with new possibility and I just keep doing the same stuff. Still keep working, still keep thinking about how I want to do art, keep thinking that I want to finish my degree.  
 
None of these thoughts are a revelation. I think Roby's birthday and the anniversary of his death and my father's death just put me in the space thinking about what I have left undone and what I still want to do.
 
Today, I was watching GlobeTrekker on PBS. It was rerun of a woman in Zambia (I think). She went to Victoria Falls (there is a native name, but I can't remember it...sad, really that we only remember the conqueror's name for something so spectacular) and swam in this pool right at the edge of the falls. I'm not sure I want to swim in the pool, but I would love to see Victoria Falls. I would love to go to Africa, period. I would love to travel back to some of my favorite places from when I was a child. I would love to see some new places.  
 
I guess I better start my list and start checking things off. Maybe that is my goal for 2011. I'm sure it will take me a few years, but at least I can get started. Something to think about, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin