Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Expectations for the Season

Well, friends, it's that time of year again.  Right now, I'm planning a "holiday/end of year celebration", a toy collection with an exhibitor's table and a dessert/bingo event that are all supposed to take place in the month of December.  There is Thanksgiving, Roby's birthday, trying to buy the toys for the toy collection, trying to get through the holidays personally.

I don't love this time of year and I don't get how I end up being saddled with all this stuff. Mostly, it is my job to do it but I keep saying it, "I AM NOT A PARTY PLANNER."  I don't know what people like, I want them all to have a good time, I have a fear that if I plan something, people won't attend. I hate that. :(

Wish me luck. And if you want to donate some toys, we are collecting $$ and toys for the Deaf Kids Holiday Party.  The toys should be for kids ages 8-10 and their worth should be about $10.  I have a few ideas that I am investigating and am looking out for good sales between now and the Monday after Thanksgiving. Contact me if you are interested or if you know any families with Deaf or Hard of Hearing children - I want to help the organization get the word out about the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin