Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Nervous Headache, Anyone?

Remember in the old days on television - the women would always get a "nervous headache". I never really understood what they meant and I don't have one now, but I can understand how anxiety increases over time.

I find that instead of becoming immune to scary things, horrific things, mean things, annoying people/things, I have become SUPERSENSITIZED to most of these things. It is to the point where tonight, on a show that I really enjoy, I almost couldn't watch it because one of the characters (not a regular, I hope) is almost EXACTLY like someone I know and see on a regular basis. Listening to them talk made my hackles raise up and I just couldn't really even bear to pay attention to the program.

More and more, when things happen in movies or on TV that are gruesome or bloody, I have to cover my eyes and my ears so that I can't HEAR the noises, either. I feel like an idiot when I clap my hands over my ears at the movie theatre, but it is an automatic reaction now.  Weird.  I think I'm just going to have to limit myself to romantic comedies and dramas that don't involve murders. (Although I want to see the new movie based on the Joe Wilson/Valerie Plame situation. If I spelled her name right.)

And on a separate note, I got my hair cut tonight. We'll see how it looks tomorrow after I have washed it. Tonight, I wonder why the woman didn't understand what I meant when I said I wanted it to be about an inch below my shoulders. Ah. It is just hair. It will grow back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin