Saturday, March 19, 2011

"Over the Rainbow" and other songs

The makers of "GLEE" did something BRILLIANT on their second DVD set for the first year (they should add it for the first part of the season, too). In the extras, they added a "Glee Music Jukebox" so that if you want to just listen to all the music without watching each episode, you can do that. It is such a great idea.  Sometimes, I want something in the background, but I don't always want to watch something.

Today, I was in need of some tune out time, so I put on the Glee Jukebox and had a field day.  There are some spectacular songs on the set. The ones that really got me tonight (and usually do) were "One Less Bell to Answer/A House is Not a Home", "To Sir With Love" and the ukulele version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow".  The last two always get me teared up. Tonight, I remembered that the first time I heard that version was on an episode of "ER" when Mark Greene died. I went on YouTube and found that version (although it is a montage and not the original scene it was from).

"Over the Rainbow" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole with scenes from "ER"


There is just something so soothing about an afternoon with music. It was very, very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin