Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Happy Homecoming!

I went to work today - I was feeling trepidation because I wasn't quite sure how I was going to feel all day, but I decided to go try it out and if I got sick again, I would just leave. I think one of the down sides to working more than 15 or 20 minutes from home is that I get kind of paranoid about being sick at work and trying to get home. One of my worst fears has always been getting a migraine in some faraway place and not being able to get home. It sort of happened to me once, so I know what I'm talking about. A one hour drive turned into about 4 hours of hell.

Anyway, when I got home at 7:00 pm, I found an amazon.com box and inside was a copy of Patti Digh's new book, "What I Wish for You: Simple Wisdom for a Happy Life"!!  For information about her Simple Wisdom book tour, you should check out her blog.  I'm so excited to start reading her book! It was the perfect gift to greet me after a long "I was sick yesterday but I'm going to work anyway" kind of day. (I'm feeling much better, by the way. Glad I went to work.)

Once I have been able to dig into the book, I will do a little review here for you. Also, she will be up in Seattle in May, so I am trying to plan a trip up to the reading/tour stop.  More on that as I know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin