Thursday, March 31, 2011

Clouds and Chipotle

When did "The Cloud" become a regular part of our vernacular?  It just appeared all of the sudden and everyone uses it ubiquitously, as if they know what they are talking about. What the hell is "the cloud"?  I ask this because of the screen shot I am including here as Exhibit A:

I understand that "the cloud" has something to do with storage and the internet, I just don't understand it and why we need it. I think it is weird how everyone just starts using terms when they don't really know what they are talking about.

The first time this happened that I really noticed was when "chipotle" came on the scene. One day, suddenly, there was a restaurant called "chipotle" and there was "chipotle sauce" and chipotle chicken and chipotle chipotle.  It made me crazy. I asked people what it was and no one knew.  Was it a sauce? Was it a spice? If it was a spice, where did it come from? Why were we just hearing about it for the first time?  Was it something that used to be called something else before like Myanmar used to be Burma?  When they started talking about the coupe in Myanmar, I was like..."Um...why have I never heard of this country before?" After a little research, I figured it out.

I feel like I am experiencing some kind of accelerated aging process or something - I feel all crotchety when this stuff happens.  I guess when you roll with the punches, sometimes you get hit. No one likes to get hit. Even a little bit.  Maybe that's it.

So, just to show that I adapt eventually, I thought I would put in a plug for chipotle. I'm sure that in a year or so, I will be ranting about this again and I will be perfectly comfortable with "the cloud" at that point and will point to this post as an example of terms that came before the next one. So, my favorite food with chipotle is Alexia's spicy sweet potato fries seasoned with chipotle.

These are great broiled (they get crispier that way). I have only found them at Fred Meyer's.  Trader Joe's has the regular sweet potato fries, but not these spicy ones. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin