Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Light Bulb

I have been struggling with confidence in my interpreting for the last year or so and trying to figure out what I could/would/needed to do about it.  I have several plans that I am working through.  I have also been frustrated about my input here in the blog. I should recognize that when I am having a hard time finding things to write about it is because I have allowed my world to constrict.  I am working on expansion.

Here are some of the things I am working on/thinking about:
1.  Arranging fundraiser for community event(s)
2. Creating a professional book group for professional studies credits, but also for contact with other interpreters in a more social venue
3. Creating a peer mentoring group where interpreters can come and do the work and get some constructive feedback, mentoring, set goals, etc.
4. Plan and implement some kind of monthly interpreter gathering during daytime hours - not in a bar. I enjoy the IPAHH (Interpreting Professionals at Happy Hour) when I can go, but Friday night just isn't a night I want to go out after work.

I may or may not succeed with these things, but I wanted to put them out there so that I can hold myself accountable to at least investigate the feasibility of doing some of this.  It feels good to be thinking creatively.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin