Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Back to Buffy

Hi Friends!

Apparently, I needed to come to a complete halt this week. I'm working on a show in addition to the classes, work, etc., so I think my brain just needed a little down time.  You can translate this to:  I watched a couple of episodes of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" from the first season tonight.

I know it may seem weird that an adult loves this show so much, but I do.  I would love to take a pop-culture class on the writings of Joss Whedon or on The Buffyverse.  I have read that such things exist. What fun to take a class to analyze one of my favorite television shows.

I can relate to Buffy's perfectionism, her internal war to be herself and her overdeveloped sense of responsibility. Obviously, there are no demons or vampires in my world, but there are certainly mountains to climb in terms of growth, learning to take risks and knowing when to let go of something.

Anyway, I'm hoping that I will be back with the program tomorrow. That's the goal.

Thanks to all of you who have stopped by and especially those who have left kind words for me. I really appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin