Friday, February 10, 2012

TGIF! And Bliss List

It has been a long strange week and I'm so far behind in *everything*!  But I wanted to take some time to remember all the things that bring me joy and link up to Liv Lane's Bliss List this week.  I love finding/creating ways to look on the bright side of life, especially when the week has been a challenge.

Here's what Liv says about the Bliss List:
Every Friday, the Little Bliss List provides a chance for us to celebrate the little things that brought us hope and happiness this week. I do believe when we focus on the sweet stuff of life, the sweet stuff multiplies. And by sharing those small gifts in our lives, we help others notice the gifts in theirs. 

1. Last Saturday, we had our "Beginning of the Year" work party.  The end of the year is filled with holidays and bad weather and people are always upset if we have the holiday party when they are busy. I decided that this year was a good year to have the party in January when things are a little slower.  I couldn't close the office until Feb. 4, so that's when I had the party. We had it at Bullwinkle's Family Fun Center (a little like Chuck E. Cheese on crack) - huge with TONS to do and totally out of my comfort zone.  But what I loved about it was seeing all the families and employees come and enjoy themselves and each other.  I was really glad I did it.  (Blogger won't download the photo...I will keep trying)


2.  I overbooked myself for January and February in terms of taking classes that really require me to dig deep, do a lot of practice and reading, etc.  I love that I am now mature enough to give myself a little bit of a break and make some decisions about priorities and not beat myself up about it. Now that's progress!  (I'm still working through them all - just giving myself some additional time!)

3.  Buffy the Vampire Slayer!

4.  Pinterest!  Unfortunately, I have been reading that people are upset about Pinterest and that they earn money from sales when linked with partners. I'm not really surprised because all social media sites exist to make money, but I wish they were more upfront about it.  Still, I love my boards and I'm happy when I go to the site.  I tried to upload a photo of my boards, but for some reason, I have been having problems with Blogger uploading photos. Not sure what that's about.  If you click on the link above, it will take you to my boards (if you are interested).  I just like how they look. The colors and the blend of images is cool.

I know there is so much to be blissful about, so much to be grateful for in my life. These are just some highlights of the week. :)




1 comment:

  1. When you find a camera you love, it makes it easier to use. And some times it gets addicting. When you love the results.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin