Saturday, February 9, 2008

"In the Land of Women"

While I have been miserable and staying at home, I have watched a lot of "Friends" episodes (Season 8 and 9) and then I finally decided to watch "In the Land of Women".

I saw an ad for it when it came out in theatres and I knew right away that it would be a movie that I liked, but for some reason, I never went to see it. When it finally came out on DVD, I bought it. I don't usually buy DVD before I've even seen it, but it has been known to happen. I was worried I would never remember it and then I wouldn't see it. I think I bought it 3-4 months ago, but it just sat in a pile and I never got around to it.

I REALLY liked everyone in it. First of all, Meg Ryan, who although she hasn't done a lot recently, is one of my favorites. I love her and she is a really good actress. Adam Brody was really good in this, as well. I have seen him before, but I don't know where. There was a little girl (about 8 or 9 years old) who was very funny and quirky and a teenage daughter that reminds me of Ali Larter from "Heroes" and other stuff.

I'm going to have to watch it again to be able to articulate what I liked so much about it. It was just a quiet, quirky movie about some people and what they learned from each other. It wasn't predictable, it didn't take the easy way out. Smartly written. No wonder it didn't make it big. People just don't like things that are normal and smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin