Sunday, October 5, 2008

Update on "Give Me 5 Monday" Meme

Holy moly...I was worried because I hadn't clearly linked back to the maker of the "Give Me 5 Monday" Meme, so I was remedying the situation...I went back to the blog and on the sidebar, I saw a number ticking upward very quickly. I went over to read it...It said that the number was the number of people who had died since I had opened the webpage...I read on because I thought it might be some cause or a new genocide that I should know about and find information about...and here is what it said...I'm still in shock...

For clarity's sake, I DO NOT BELIEVE OR SUPPORT THIS IN ANY WAY.

"150,000 People
Will Die Today
The counter to the side is ticking off the number of people who have died since you opened this webpage. The vast majority of those people are entering Hell. Christ commanded his followers to share the Gospel with those who are perishing... who have you shared with today?
Click here for free Evangelism resources."

You can believe whatever you are going to believe. I don't have the right to tell anyone what to do or how to believe and I value my own right to believe what I believe. I cannot in good conscience, however, support a site that considers that the vast majority of people are going to hell because they don't believe the way that she does. I will not be participating in the "Give Me 5 Monday" meme any longer. For anyone who followed the link there and wondered what was happening, my apologies. For anyone who reads this blog and believes the above, you are more than welcome to continue reading, however, you should know that I don't subscribe to those beliefs.

Wow...I need to be more careful in the future. I'm sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin