Sunday, September 6, 2009

Good Day

I had lunch with a friend today - we have known each other since junior high school and were inseperable during high school.  It was really good to see her and to talk.  She was helping me with some homework from my telecourse, "Live Your Wild and Precious Life Now" (a new group starts October 12 for anyone who is interested).

It was a difficult assignment for me - we are asking questions of our friends, family and acquaintances - questions about who we are to them and how they perceive us.  It was really interesting...

Then, I had occasion to look at a personality typing excercise I had done - and forgotten about- and many of the answers from my friend were reflected in my personality type analysis.  I came out an INFP - a category that only about 2% of the population fall into.  I laughed when I saw that because I have another friend I used to have monthly dinners with.  We used to always say, "2%!" because we were always boggled at how other people think SO differently from us and were amazed by how consistently that issue came up in our lives.

Here's a tidbit from the INFP (Introverted Intuition Feeling Perceiving) description from here:  "INFPs are introspective, private, creative and highly idealistic individuals that have a constant desire to be on a meaningful path. They are driven by their values and seek peace. Empathetic and compassionate, they want to help others and humanity as a whole. INFPs are imaginitive, artistic and often have a talent for language and writing. They can also be described as easygoing, selfless, guarded, adaptable, patient and loyal." 

Kind of bizarre to be pegged in so many ways - both the strengths and weaknesses.  But also fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin