Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Writing Prompt #1 Nablopomo Style

What is one skill you wish you had? What is preventing you from learning it now?

I noticed last month that the Nablopomo site now offers daily prompts to aid those of us out here who are creatively challenged. I have so much to say, but then, after a long day at work and much mental editing, I often find myself at a bit of a loss. Now I'm not saying I will use their prompts every day, but I think it can be handy, every once in a while, to have some help with a topic. I can stream-of-consciousness with the best of them, but I do need a topic to get me started.

So, skills I wish I had...there are the outlandish skills that you can't really learn - how to fly, invisibility, see the future... Skills I really would love to have - photography skills (working on it slowly, although I will never be a National Geographic photographer). Artistic patience - I think I am too hung up on getting it "just like what I see in my head" (which is a very complex place, in case you were wondering). I wish I knew how to play an instrument (violin or piano, I think) and I think it is too bad I never learned how to really dive. I want to learn how to make glass mosaics. There are so many things to learn and so much to do... To tell you the truth, I am slowly working my way through some of the realistic things I want to do. Who knows, maybe someday I will get to some of the less realistic things, too. I don't spend much time wishing for this stuff, I just add it to the list and then work on crossing one off the list as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin