Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Year 43 Project: Day One

Well, today's activity is deciding what I want to do as my project. Some of my "projects" are very successful (i.e., I actually do them) and some of them are less so (because I try to do them and then miss a day and then give up totally) and some are dismal failures (never even try). This is going to be somewhere in between.

I wasn't sure what I wanted to do until I went to Jamie Ridler Studios and read this post. I had already signed up for Creative Everyday 2010, but I haven't done well with that one AT ALL.

So, friends, this project is going to be a combination of a bunch of the things I have been talking about here for a long time. This year, I am focusing on "Finding Time for Creativity" that can take the shape of writing something, reading something, doing some art or photography, taking an art class, going shopping for some new, inspirational art supplies. I want to open this wide so that I have the highest chance of success. The other IMPORTANT aspect of this is that I am going to follow the advice of my teacher and blogger-extraordinaire, Patti Digh of 37 Days. "Every Day is Day One". If I miss a day, I will not just throw up my hands in defeat. I will try again tomorrow. And I don't have to write about it if I don't want to. I will probably update here and there, but I may not do it too regularly. I haven't figured out the documentation part. Maybe I will take pictures...hmmm. Something else to decide.

So, for my Year 43 Project (Y43P), I am making space for myself to create, think creatively and to be kind to myself when I create ways to block myself. And I will report back with periodic updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin