Thursday, July 7, 2011

30 Days of Get Your Art On Days 6 & 7

Neither of the pages I'm posting today are done but I wanted to get something posted for my art challenge.  After July 4th's pages, I decided to do a couple of pages that had limited color themes. It was going okay until I got a little too exotic in the color scheme, I think.  The page I did yesterday will only have pink, white or black in it.  The page I did today is a departure from that - I just liked the focal image and what the girl's shirt says.


I'm still working on the pink...I haven't quite found the right combination but I worked for a long time on it yesterday and then I gave up out of frustration.

I think I have some paper that I will include even though this is from my J.O.Y. 2 journal - I have been trying to only use magazines and books that I have instead of commercial papers, but I think the pink is more demanding than I thought. Rules were made to be broken, right?

"One World. In it together. Your strength strenthens us" is what the shirt on the left says. I liked it and I decided I wanted to use the focal image. I used colors that appear in the focal image as the background color theme.  I still need to find some more blue, I think and cover up some of the text and then I will do some penwork or some journaling to round out the page.

**As a side note, I don't know what the h*ll Blogger did to their site, but everything looks freaky and new and I'm not really sure if I will be able to get used to this new layout and all...I will report back later. :(  Hi. My name is Jean and I'm resistant to change.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin