Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 16 of 30 Days of Get Your Art On

Well, yesterday was a big day for me.  I went to Art Media and purchased some art supplies. It was sort of impromptu - I had to go to the bank which is conveniently located in the same strip mall.  I used some of the money I deposited as a special treat for myself. I got some metallic water colors, some sponges, a couple of pencils and pens. It wasn't too extravagant, but I enjoyed my little "Artist's Date".  I'm close to being done with my second J.O.Y. journal collages and I want to do something a little more involved in the next journal - whatever the type.  I still need to do some pen work in both the J.O.Y. journals, but I'm going to finish the collages and then do more.
I also received some fun supplies from friends and family for my birthday that I can use in the art journals. All in all a nice day and weekend.

Here is the page I completed yesterday. I did some pen work on other pages, but not enough to warrant posting photos of them. Perhaps when I finish, I will do side by side comparisons. Who knows?  I'm also looking at some of the prompts that come with the classes. I might use some of them to write in the journals and I might even use some of them here. Exploring my options. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin